Week 4: Design Development & Partial Installation
We’re halfway to the finish line here on Week 4 of the One Room Challenge and I’m so excited to share with y’all the final elements of our Phase II Design Development and scooting into Phase III Product Procurement.
For those who haven’t worked with us before, here’s what Product Procurement entails:
The Procurement phase begins the sourcing for your space(s), utilizing the completed Investment Guide for making selections. It is the Designer’s discretion to select products that are cohesive to the design while remaining within the overall Client budget.
If you are working with a contractor, their cost proposal will also be submitted for review at this time.
A proposed timeline will be set forth by Bleu Bee Designs, as well as the contractor, which may range from a few weeks to months, depending on industry demands at the time of your project.
There’s an overwhelming amount of “behind the scenes” going on at this point as well. We will be ordering, tracking, inspecting and managing shipments of product throughout the procurement phase.
Bits & Pieces Ordered & Installed:
– The Milton & King Camellia mural has been selected, we went with this beauty in pink. I cannot wait to see it installed in the custom frames Mr. Z has made for our Master Retreat!
– Custom oversized frames (24×48) created with a solid backing board for smooth mounting of the mural, still working on the paint color for these frames!
– Mounted art from Lindsey Kiniry into these beautiful Amazon frames in a range of sizes, from 8×10 to 11×14 and 12×12 for an instant gallery wall!
– Ordered and created pinch-pleat curtains from these Wayfair drapes + these Amazon drapery pins & rings, a perfect renter-friendly choice in a beautiful plush velvet that I’m OK if I can’t use them in our next home because of their price point. They’re hopefully getting trim added before Week 8!
– New bedding arrived, a custom bolster in this Anna French Mini Sun print and this Ballard Designs embroidered duvet to fold at the end of the bed.
– Found the most perfect pair of crystal and sterling lamps for our nightstands, new lampshades coming!
– Nightstands and chairs have been professionally painted and are back in our bedroom, hardware and cushion / pillows coming! This green was a custom created color by Bleu Bee Designs using Benjamin Moore Advanced Paint. (P.S. One of our favorite things to create for our clients are custom colors!) We’ll have to think of a name for this one … maybe Whidbey Green, a nod to the Naval Base we’re currently stationed at…
Next week, further installations happening, more pillows and upholstery projects, looking at decorative accessories to fluff the space and finding the missing layers in this room as we start to see things coming together.
Be sure to follow along here to see all the One Room Challenge posts for Week 4 in one place, and check back here for all the weekly updates from the talented participants!
You can also follow the hashtag #oneroomchallenge and #ORCAT on Instagram to discover all the projects and progress from One Room Challenge with media sponsor Apartment Therapy!
Brittany “Bee” Zimmerman